- Malfunction signalled by signal tower is transmitted via SMS to a mobile phone
- The user is informed of the machine status at all times and in every location
- Tool-free integration of GSM element into the existing signal tower
- No aditional wiring is required as the existing power supply to the signal elements power is used
GSM Element 24VDC BK
Dimensional drawing (tif)
Tech. Datasheet (pdf)
CAD Drawing IGS (igs)
CAD Drawing IPT (ipt)
CAD Drawing STP (stp)
Operating instructions (PDF)
1. Is it possible to send control commands to my application/maschine using the GSM-Element?
No, the GSM element is designed for monitoring maschine conditions.
2. What can happen if the PIN of my SIM card is not set to 0000 ?
3. Can I use a Pre-Paid SIM-Card?
Yes, but once the validity has expired or the credit has been used, the function of the GSM transmitter is no longer facilitated.
4. Is every defined operator authorised to query the status of the transmitter element?
No, only the master telephone.
5. Is it possible to query the status at any time?
At leased one of the individual elements of the signal tower must be energized. The use of an operating lamp is recommended.
6. Is it possible to operate the element with positive and negative logic?
7. Is it possible to set off a call or message to the conventional telephone network ?
Yes, depending on the functionality of the telephone system.
8. Can the signal be transmitted to more than one mobile phone?
Yes, it can be transmittet to up to three phones (one master and two additional operators).
9. Can I use any mobile phone to reset the element to default settings ?
10. Is it possible to use blanks as part of the Device ID (Name)?
No, if doing so the characters behind the blank will be ignored.
11. Is it possible to perform the "easy" configuration by calling the element while using M2M-SIM-Cards?
"No. M2M-SIM-Cards normally don't accept or conduct voice calls. Therefore the element has to be configurated via SMS. Please contact your provider to learn more about the limited functionality of M2M-SIM-Cards.
The use of these SIM-cards is not recommended."
12. Where does the GSM element store its data?
All data is stored on the internal memory of the element. The SIM-card is not used for data storage.
13. Can I configure the GSM element by using a PC?
No, the GSM element can only be configured via SMS from the master mobile phone.
14. What happens to the alarm messages if the GSM element is temporarily disconnected from the mobile phone network?
After getting connection to the mobile network the element delivers the accumulated alarm messages in the order of occurance.
15. Is there a DECT-version of the element for integration in a local telephone system?
No, not at the moment.
16. What happens if the telephone line is busy while the GSM element tries to conduct a voice call?
The duration of the voice call is user defined. After this time period the call is aborted and will not be repeated.
17. Is it possible to conduct an SMS and a voice call simultaneously?
Yes, dual alarm can be selected.
18. What happens if the SMS is longer than 160 characters?
The GSM element won't accept the SMS.
19. What is meant by 'System run time'?
The 'System run time' informs the operator about how long the GSM element has been activated/energized.
20. What is meant by 'External control mode' (configuration parameters C9 and C10)?
"In 'External control mode' the element can be activated or deactivated using e.g. an external switch.
Example: Deactivated during dayshift, activated during nightshift."
21. What happens if C9 is set to '1' but C10 is still set to '0000'?
In this case the 'External control mode' is still deactivated.
22. What happens if the configuration parameter C10 contains 2x "e;1"e;, e.g. '0110' ?
In this case a logical OR-ing of the multiple '1' takes place. Both externals inputs must be idle to activate the GSM element.